The Long Dark Part 1 – The Long Dark Gameplay First Look Let’s Play Playthrough – Roleplaying The Long Dark Custom Sandbox Story
If you enjoyed this video check my other current let’s plays:
Generation Zero –
RimWorld 1.0 Modded –
Kenshi – Revenge of the Broken –
Anno 1800 –
About The Long Dark:
The Long Dark is a thoughtful, exploration-survival experience that challenges solo players to think for themselves as they explore an expansive frozen wilderness. There are no zombies — only you, the cold, and everything Mother Nature can throw at you.
The episodic story-mode for The Long Dark, WINTERMUTE launches with two of the five episodes that form its Season One.
– In Episode One: “Do Not Go Gentle”, bush pilot Will Mackenzie (player character) and Dr. Astrid Greenwood are separated after their plane crashes deep in the Northern Canadian wilderness in the aftermath of a mysterious flash of light in the sky. Struggling to survive as he desperately searches for Astrid, Mackenzie comes across the small town of Milton, where he begins to understand the scope of this quiet apocalypse.
– In Episode Two: “Luminance Fugue”, Mackenzie’s search for Astrid takes him deeper into the savage Winter wilderness. A mysterious trapper may be the key to finding Astrid, but can he be trusted?
The first two episodes of WINTERMUTE represent approximately 15 hours of gameplay. Episodes Three to Five are included in the price of the game, and will be unlocked for free as they are released.
Features performances by Jennifer Hale, Mark Meer, David Hayter, and Elias Toufexis (Episode Three), and the music of Cris Velasco.
Survival Mode is the free-form, non-narrative survival sandbox that has been honed over nearly three years on Early Access.
– No hand holding! The game challenges players to think for themselves by providing the information but never the answers. You have to earn the right to survive.
– Permadeath! See how long you can survive, check your standing on the global Leaderboards, then head back in and push yourself to survive longer.
– Monitor your Calorie count, Hunger and Thirst, Fatigue, and Body Temperature. Maintain your overall Condition if you want to survive. Let yourself weaken and any small threat may lead to your death.
– Over 30 square kms of wilderness to explore (and with more regions coming!). Mystery Lake, Coastal Highway, Desolation Point, Pleasant Valley, and more, all interconnected and each with dozens of explorable locations.
– Dynamic weather, wildlife, and time of day, all with an impact on how you choose to survive.
– Over 100 gear items including clothing, tools like hatchets and rifles, first aid equipment, foodstuffs, light sources like lanterns and flares, and firestarting equipment.
– Hunt Deer, Snare Rabbits, and watch for Crows as they can signify the presence of animal, or human, corpses that can be vital sources of Supplies. Wolves are territorial and will defend their territory, or stalk you if they catch your scent. If you let them get too close, you may find yourself in a desperate struggle to survive. Be on the lookout for Black Bears, as they roam the landscape in search of food.
– Harvest Wood for fuel, maintain your Gear and Clothing, and keep your Knife, Hatchet, and Rifle in top shape as they will save your life!
– Harvest Medicinal plants like Old Man’s Beard Lichen, Rose Hips, Reishi Mushrooms.
– Deep First Aid system featuring many afflictions including: Sprains, Blood Loss, Infection Risk, Infection, Food Poisoning, Dysentery, and more.
– Craft Snares, First Aid items, Repair your Clothing and Tools, and Harvest raw materials from the environment, as you do your best to become self-sufficient.
Koko on social media:
If you enjoy the video subscribe for more daily fun!
If you have questions or suggestions leave the comment below or hit me on Twitter!
The Long Dark official website –
The Long Dark on Steam –
Outro Music: “Collide (Instrumental Version)” by Mikael Persson (Epidemic Sound)